søndag 1. februar 2015

Rediscovering

Saturday was a really good day. Even though getting out of bed was hard, I still felt a bit better about everything in general, and I was actually up for going in to town - like me and mum had decided on. And it ended up being a generally good trip to town, with the entire family. I think I needed that little trip outside the apartment, just to get some air and socializing. Of course, when I got back home again, I more or less collapsed, cause I was totally exhausted, but mentally that trip did me good.

Also, I had some gift vouchers that I planned on using, mainly at Gamestop, because I wanted to get a Pro Controller to the Wii U, but when I got there I learned that it's possible to pre-order the new Zelda U game already, and... Well... Yeah. After a moment of not breathing at all, I nearly jumped the guy there, and I ended up using the gift vouchers to pre-order and pay for the entire game, so that when it comes, I can just pick up my copy without any worries. And, you know, since I used the gift vouchers, it didn't drain my already overdrained financial situation, and that just totally made my day.

But, actually, I've got the money situation under control, mostly thanks to my amazing family (and grandparents in particular). I've transferred almost all the money I need for the bills to the billing acount (I'll transfer the rest the coming week), so all that is now officially covered. I sold some books last week, which landed me some cash, and then I sold some wine, getting more cash, AND then my grandparents gave me the last bit of my birthday present, which was MORE MONEY, so that's gonna keep me going this next month with the bills, and as I've already mentioned, I've got enough food around the house to last me, so the only thing I need to stock up on is bread and milk when I run out - which I now have more than enough money for. Sacrificing the beer wasn't as bad as I thought, though, so maybe going without it for a month will just do me good. Either way, I have no more money worries, and I do feel like I've learned some valuable lessons.

The darkest shadows, you know...

But, anyway, as I said, Saturday was a good day. I spent the evening just gaming and relaxing, shutting out everything while snapping with my sister (since we're both playing the same game), which helped me recharge quite a bit. It felt good to just disconnect that entire evening, and it felt even better to do so with one of my favourite games. Final Fantasy VII is one of the things that defined my teenage years, and thus, in many ways, helped define me.

And I got to thinking.

The theme for my birthday party was your own evolution, and I basically asked people to dress up as whatever made them who they are today. I personally dressed up in a mix of things that paid tribute to my oldest and most important companions, and I was quite pleased with the result, though I feel like I didn't really do myself justice.

What made me who I am?

That's actually a bigger question than I originally thought. And it occurs to me, now, that I really didn't give it enough thought. Yes, three years ago I finally woke up, and I found myself, and these past years I've been working on figuring out who that person is - with varied luck, mind you - but I haven't stopped to think about the things and the people that helped shaped that person I am now looking at in the mirror. Maybe one of the reasons for why I'm having so much trouble now is that I still haven't stopped to consider all those dungeons and enemies and bosses and items and whatever that I tripped over along the way as I moved towards where I am today, and what they truly did to me.

I had a twitter update and a facebook post in January that sort of poked me. First it was this twitter update, and then, some time later, I posted this on facebook:

I found/rediscovered myself doing something I love...

Because that's what it all boils down to. Being me, and the me that I am is the me that I am because of those things that I grew up loving.

I need to take a little dive, deeper into all that, and give it more thought. Really get myself lost in those things that helped shape me, and see what it was about them that influenced me so much. Maybe that's what I need now, to help me get further through this dungeon of mine. Some proper flashbacks. And so I plan on doing Flashback Friday all through out February, just to take a deeper look at all those things that made me who I am.

Flashback February. I kinda like that.


And to start things off, I made a 9gag post, just to honour my Flashback February! Because yes, I love 9gag, and I can't get by without my daily dose of it to keep me going~

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar