mandag 3. februar 2014

Fueled by inspiration

I'm on a roll! Art-wise, at least. After deciding to re-write certain parts of my stories, and replacing certain characters with others, my inspiration has gone haywire! I can't even remember the last time I was inspired enough to keep working like this. One thing is the many notes I've got scribbled down now, and the general ideas I have for backstories, but I've even managed to do some actual art. Counting the five I did today, these past three days I've sketched out and done lineart on as many as THIRTEEN different portraits! Holy crackers!

I'm not sure what really happened here. I've been struggling with my inspiration and will to do any proper work on my project for several years now, and nothing seemed to help. Then, suddenly, as I decide to do this change to the stories, it's as if some door just opened up and I'm getting flooded! It's a really fun and exciting challenge to create these new characters that will take the place of the ones that is being removed, and as I'm working on them I get tons of info pouring in that I have to take note of. I'm creating all these pieces, and they just keep falling perfectly into place in the puzzle! I don't think I've ever experienced that before.

But the most important part is that I'm already starting to feel attached to these newcommers. I didn't think I'd manage to care for them, let alone care this fast, so I'm surprised. It's the weirdest thing, this... When I work on some of them, I suddenly get these random pieces of info, and this info fills in gaps I've had in the stories for years now, and everything just makes perfect sense. It really does feel like that muse of mine is actively working by whispering into my ear every time I sit down to doodle, which is totally new for me. I'm used to having to beg for info and inspiration.

I don't know. Maybe I'm finally on the right track, for once. I'm not letting things get in the way of my work, or letting my feelings cloud things for me. I'm focused, and determined to get somewhere. And I'm starting to regain the faith that I might actually manage to do something proper out of this work of mine. Maybe even share it with the public one day, in the form of publishing or something like that. We'll see, I suppose. All I know is that now that I've started on this track, I'm not gonna let anything stop me. It's full speed ahead!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar