lørdag 10. august 2013

Decent solution

Yep, after muddling around for a bit, I think I came up with a decent solution for the appearance of my blog. And, voila, here's the result! Nothing big and fancy, but I like it.

The background is from my favourite anime, Fairy Tail, and is a picture of the Edolas world (totally loved that arc). I just wanted something that showed a fantasy sky, with floating isles and planets, and this is the closest I could get after hours of googling. It's a bit yellow-ish in colour, which isn't really all that perfect, but it's nice and soft on the eyes, so I'm satisfied.

The header was thrown together in a couple of minutes, really, and isn't really all that good, but it'll do. I wanted to make something a bit more fancy, but for some reason the newest version of gimp that I've got downloaded on this computer doesn't have any pretty fonts at all. Like, literally, none that I like. My favourite font from the old versions is gone, so making pretty banners isn't fun anymore. Still have the old gimp on my laptop, with all the pretty fonts, but working on my laptop is a nightmare so I don't know if I can be bothered. If I can find a solution to this gimp-font problem, then I'll make a new header.

Oh, and the poem to the left here is a Norwegian poem by Sille Myreng, called "Fremmed, Alene" (alien, alone), and it's my favourite poem. I tried translating it to English (hah, my translation powers totally suck, btw, so this is a pretty direct translation), for those of you who wants to know what it mean:

Once the only, always the Only
in the wrong dimension you're lonely, alone.
You breathe, you talk, but isn't among them
who call the blue-green Tellus their home

The ugly duckling who'll never be a swan
cause your thoughts go on a different track
You long to go away, but you don't know where
You just want to go where your kin lives

You stumble onwards, every minute is a pain
and you wait for the ice around your heart to melt
Hours turn to days, memories to dust
but still you feel the whiz of longing

You toss in your sleep, you don't want to borrow
any more time in a world with a foreign moon
You sink down into bitter apathy
and know; alien, alone, you will always be


It is a gorgeous poem, and it has always been one I hold close to my heart. It may sound a bit depressing, and a couple of years ago there was indeed depressing reasons for why I loved it. Yes, to me, this world feels foreign and I feel like an alien in it, which makes me feel somewhat alone. But this thought isn't, to me, depressing anymore, as I've learned to accept the way things are. I still don't feel at home here, but I've figured that there's got to be some important reason for why I'm here, so why not enjoy it while it lasts?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar