onsdag 19. oktober 2011

Grand Fantasia



These past months I've been pretty sucked into an online game that I've been playing for a while, and it's a really fun game. Though these days I'm somewhat out of it and hiding from the world, so I haven't been playing as much as I like, I still want to say that this game is definitely one of my favourite games ever.

So, I want to make this entry to try and lure other people into playing it!


The game is called Grand Fantasia, and is a mmorpg that you can download and play for free, and it's created by AeriaGames. If you go to homepage for the game - grandfantasia.aeriagames.com - You can register your account and download the game. And again, it's completely free! And it doesn't require a super computer either, so most people can play it.

Beginning the game, you get to create your own character by customizing its gender and looks. You also get to customize the companion of your character, which is a sprite that can create things for you. Choosing the sprite type, you get to decide what you want the sprite to create. And when you're done, you get a funny little intro before you start to play!

You start at a beginner's area called Siwa Island as a novice lvl1, and can take on quests to start lvling yourself (quests shows as books on your map). You can't leave the island until you've completed certain quests, but you can also stay there for as long as you like. When you reach lvl5, you get to choose your class, that'll be upgraded once you reach lvl15. The classes are:

Fighter (melee fighter) - upgrades to a Warrior
Hunter (ranged fighter) - upgrades to an Archer
Acolyte (healer) - upgrades to a Priest
Spellcaster (magical fighter) - upgrades to a Mage

For more info on the classes, read this!

When you're ready to leave Siwa Island and enter the big world of Saphael, you get to pick where you want to start, and there are three places to choose from!

Jale - The city of mechanics (main mount is a mecha)
Ilya - The city of magic (main mount is a wolf)
Kaslow - The royal capital (main mount is a sunbird)

Jale is a steam mechanical place, and it's surrounded by desert, so the beginning areas you get if you pick Jale is desert areas. Ilya is a place of magic and wonders, and it's surrounded by beautiful woods, so picking Ilya will get you lush green beginning areas. Kaslow is in the center of the continents and the capital where the royal family resides, and it's bordering to the sea with plains on the other side, so picking Kaslow will get you the large plains as the beginning area.

I've been to all three cities, and they each got their own charm, but whenever I'm relaxing and chatting to people I'm usually sitting somewhere in Kaslow. It's my favourite city of the three, though it can get pretty crowded in there.

You can teleport freely between the three major cities, but other teleport points needs to be found and activated before you can use them!

So, when you're up and about in the big world, you start to lvl yourself to become stronger and be capable of more interesting things. You need to be at least lvl10 to be able to trade with people, and you can't talk in the world chat until you've reached lvl16. Before that, you can only chat on Say (which is only seen by those nearby you), Yell (which is seen by everyone in the same area as you) and Whisper (which is a type of private chat to one specific person). Reaching lvl20 will allow you to use mounts, which is a good way to move around the world when you're tired of running. When you reach lvl30, you get a new class upgrade and this time you have 2 classes to choose from!

Warrior upgrades into Berserker OR Paladin
Archer upgrades into Ranger OR Assassin
Priest upgrades into Cleric OR Sage
Mage upgrades into Wizard OR Necromancer

It's all your choice! And whichever class you pick, you get the last class upgrade when you reach lvl65! And at this very moment, the highest lvl possible is lvl85.


There are three different servers to play on, and each server have different channels. Personally, I play in the Bodor server on channel 3, cause I find the community there very friendly and I've got several friends there that I like to chat with. They all have the magical ability of making me feel better when I'm down, and I love them for it.

I am currently a lvl50 Wizard, named KeyJester, and I own my own guild with a fellow player, Yuresca, that's called JestersGuild. It's a small guild with very few members, but we're all friendly in there, and we're always looking for new, friendly and active players to join us.

I'm usually online on the weekends these days, due to my mood being what it is and my head my head being.. Well, you know, but I do have periods where I'm online from the moment I get out of bed until I go back to bed again. I also have my own Grand Fantasia facebook account, so if you're interested in gaming with me you can add me if you like! Just search for KeyJester Grand Fantasia and you'll find me. Whenever I take screenshots from the game, I usually upload them to that account.


I don't know what else to say about the game. If you're still in need of more info, you can check out their wiki page to know more about it! But the best way to learn, is to play! So, get playing! I certainly don't mind getting even more reasons to log on and be online social.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar