tirsdag 18. mars 2014

Fibro, gaming, work, and blog appearance

January - 7 entries
February - 6 entries
March - 1 entry

....lol. My blog activity this month has dropped pretty badly, I see. Sorry about that! I've been busy with the fibro knocking me out again, so the world was put on hold while I hid under a blanket and refused to deal with it. You know, the usual. I'm feeling better now, tho! Still in pain, but it's not as bad as it was.

I've figured out that I have about 4 levels of fibro pain.
Level 1 - I don't have any aching anywhere, so I can move around freely and do what I want, though lifting heavy things and walking in stairs is still really painful for my arms and knees.
Level 2 - My body aches everywhere, but despite that I can still move freely and keep up my daily routines. I just have to try to ignore the pain, and I'll be fine. Gaming is good to pass the time!
Level 3 - Everything aches, and moving is really hard. I can still walk, but I'm kind of limping because everything hurts so much. I can forget about lifting, or just generally using my muscles.
Level 4 - I can't even move, because the aching pain everywhere is so bad that I just want to cry. All I can do is just sit still and don't move a muscle. Netflix is my only friend in life right now.

Right now I'm down on level 2, after a whole week of shifting between 3 and 4, which have been horrible. It's the rainy weather that got to me, cause apparently my body can't handle it if it's humid. Now that the sun is out, I feel a lot better!


All I've been doing is just gaming and watching netflix, cause it's the only thing that can keep me focused on something other than the pain. Just finished FFVII Dirge of Cerberus the other day - a friend of mine from Austria sent it to me as a loan so I could get to try it - and then I moved on over to FFXIII and completed it, since I was near the ending anyway. Aaaand, now I'm working my way through FFXIII-2!

Dirge of Cerberus was difficult for me, since it's an FPS, and the aiming system of FPS games tends to stress me out so I can't aim properly. But that aside, I had high hopes for the game, since it had my two favourite FFVII characters in it - Vincent and Yuffie. Buuut... Nope. I love it because it's FF, and because Vincent and Yuffie are awesome, and the movie scenes were amazing, but the rest of the game was really bad. They had a good story, but failed in showing it in a good way, and the dialog was really, really horrible. I give it a 3 on the Die!
FFXIII took me a couple of years to finish, cause I had no motivation. I really loved some of the characters - Vanille and Fang, specifically, and every now and then Snow - but the rest of the game was just really bad. The combat system was decent, but the story and everything was just something I never managed to get into. I miss the fantasy and the magic that used to be a huge part of the series. I give it a 3 on the Die!
FFXIII-2 tickles my ovaries in a way XIII never could. I'm just at the beginning of the game, so I haven't really seen all that much, but what I've seen so far is really great. I mean, we all know I'm obsessed with time travel, so, yeah. The one thing that annoys me the most with the game is that there's only two characters, and only one of them is to my liking. They could've left Serah out, to be honest. She's nice, but not main character kind of nice. But the monster system is pretty awesome. I give it a strong 4 on the Die!


Aside from the gaming, I've been focused on my work. It feels good to get back into things, and I'm more inspired than ever! Right now I've finally started doing some proper work on the many races of SoA, and I'm satisfied with what I have so far.
But, what I've come to realize during my work is that I do miss having a working partner. Someone whom is familiar with my work and this world that I can show things to and discuss things with. Not necessarily someone who actively works on this, but that has a genuine interest and can help me out if I need a second opinion. I just really miss showing my work to someone that likes discussing it with me.
I've had that on several occasions, and I miss it. I felt more inspired to work when there was someone there by my side, eager to know more. I had it back in my guild days on GaiaOnline, when I had my guildies that constantly demanded more info, and two of my exes used to be a part of this.

But, even though I miss having a working partner, I do suppose that working on my own is the best, since it gives me 100% control over everything. I think it's that level of control that has gotten me so inspired these days. I just finally feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to do.


So, what else is new? Well, the appearance of the blog, in case you didn't notice! lol - I just had an urge to change things, and I decided to follow that urge. I'm decently pleased with the result, and I think I'll keep this look for a while. Aside from that, not much is new. I'm dealing with the fibro and working and gaming, and just trying to keep life at a normal level.

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive, haha.
I hope you're all doing well, wherever you are!
Love ya~

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar