onsdag 17. august 2011

Epic Vacation Chaos

This has got to be the most crazy and chaotic vacation I've ever been on in my entire life! It's supposed to be relaxing, and important for my health, but so far it's been a stress unlike anything I've experienced before. Absolutely everything went haywire on me, from day one!

Okay, so I decided I needed a vacation, for the sake of my health, and I had saved up for this specific trip. But when I finally got around to ordering the plane and the hotel, the prices had gone up so it was twice as expensive as originally planned! I was supposed to take my ex with me, so I didn't have to go alone, but with the prices being what they were I just couldn't afford it. And since the trip had already been decided on, I had to go alone... Not that it matters much now, considering the state my ex is in at the moment. I suppose a trip like this would only make matters worse for her, so I suppose it's just a good thing that I couldn't afford to take her with me. Maybe being on her own and relaxing will be good for her. I hope so...

But, anyway, it took me ages to get this trip booked properly, and internet was messing with me at the time so there was a lot of cursing and reloading of pages. So, lots of work, prices gone up, and the day after booking my ex falls out of it. And then, I get really sick. The flu. Which totally sucks. So the last week I've been feeling chewed on, and I haven't slept properly in ages. Needless to say, when the day for my vacation came, I felt just about ready to drop dead. But, things didn't stop there!

I took the train that arrived at the airport about a little over an hour before my plane left, so I would have time to check in and find my gate, but about one hour from the airport the train conductor announces that the tracks have been closed and that we need to take a bus the rest of the way. Oh. My. Gawd. Stressed as hell, I get on board a bus and find the ONE free seat left (which, lucky me, was at the front of the bus!), and just pray that the bus gets to the airport on time. And, of course, taking the bus makes me sick as hell, so I was constantly tense the entire trip...
On the positive side, the guy next to me was really nice and told me what to do in case I missed my flight, and he even gave me his newspaper so I had something to read on the plane. It was a nice pause from all the stress, it was, so I'm happy about that.

I arrived at the airport, about half an hour late, and had no idea where I was going. Never been at that specific airport before, it was huge as hell, and I had half an hour until my plane left to check in and find the gate. And just as I entered the airport and called my dad, I realized that my phone was nearly dead and I had forgotten my charger. Is it possible?! Even more stressed, I ask around and finally get to check in, and as I pass through the security check I find out that I forgot to take my pocket knife out of my backpack... Hilarious. Luckily, the security people were nice and told me to get an envelope and just mail the thing back to myself.
Continuing on, I managed to get lost and not find my gate, so I had to ask for directions AGAIN to be able to find it. And I'm not kidding when I say that just moments after arriving at the gate, they started boarding. Just in time! When I finally got to sit down in my seat, and get the best cup of coffee I've ever had in my entire life, I felt just about ready to drop.

Flying went well, of course, aside from some minor turbulence. I really don't mind flying at all, as I actually quite enjoy the thought of being high in the air. I especially love the takeoff, even though my ears hate it for obvious reasons. When the plane speeds up and you get pushed back in your seat, and you know you're about the leave the ground and in a matter of seconds be higher up in the air than you'd ever be able to come by climbing a building. You can feel it in every part of your body that you're flying! I totally love that feeling. So yeah, the plane trip was just awesome.

Arriving at Copenhagen, I had no idea where I was going or what to do. I had several hours until my next flight left, my phone was almost dead and I had no charger, and I had a desperate need to make contact with the world. After talking to my mum, I sat down and found that the airport had wireless connection, so I got to go online for a short minute or two just to get updated on things. Then my quest for a phone charger began... Which failed, of course. And when I sat down at a cafe to have a coffee and go online again, I couldn't connect with the internet. At all. So, I had a rather boring wait...
Luckily, later, I found a really nice guy at one of the electronics stores that left me use their personal phone charger to charge my phone for a little while, so I stood there for as long as I could to try and bring just a little more life into my poor phone. Afterward, I sat down and had a bottle of beer, just to relax, while waiting for my plane to leave.

Next flight went well also, though the turbulence made me feel rather sick, but as I arrived at the airport and asked around to figure out how to get to my hotel, I get told that the hotel is quite a way on the other side of town and that it'll be difficult to get there. Oh, what luck. So I had to take the bus into town, which took almost an hour, and then take a taxi from there and to the actual hotel. When I finally got to sit down on the hotel room, it was almost 1 AM and I had been traveling for almost 17 hours... So far, not really feeling the vacation part.

After almost no sleep at all, I get up early to reach the hotel breakfast, and I find a huge bug in my napkin. It wasn't a dangerous or unusual one, but it caught me off guard and freaked the hell outta me. When you're this tired, everything will freak you out. Back at the hotel room, I find out that the one pair of jeans that I packed are too small and won't fit properly. Should've checked that before I packed them... Oh, well.
So as I stand in front of the mirror to get ready, I realize that the person looking back at me is completely alien. I have no idea who she is. Great, talk about timing for things. But, luckily, I'm so used to this happening to me after these past years of losing myself, so I just shrugged it away as stress and figured I'd just get to know a completely new side of myself today. That'll be exciting.

I'm just glad I'm done with the hysterical panic attacks I used to get whenever my head snapped on me.

Okay, so, today I planned on going to one specific location, and had a jolly good time trying to figure out how to get there. After a lot of discussing back and forth with the people down in the hotel lobby, I got some bus routes and a tiny map to go by. Of course, that didn't help the fact that I've been wandering around all day and asked for directions about a billion times to find the things I wanted to find. Luckily, people around here are so nice and helpful, and as soon as I tell them I only speak English they start explaining all sorts of things to help me out. So, that's been nice. And, also, the buildings here are amazing! Brick houses all around! Such a pretty sight, it is.
But, there's been a lot of bus driving, which made me sick beyond belief, and a lot of random wandering around in a strange town in a country I've never been in before. Needless to say, it's been confusing and stressful. But also, I'll admit, a fun new experience. Didn't find a charger for my phone, unfortunately, so I have to keep it turned off and only check it once in a while. And, also, It's nearly 16:30 PM and I still haven't eaten because of all the stress and the bus driving, so I'm STARVING! Just got to wait half an hour until the hotel restaurant opens so I can get dinner.

This has got to be the strangest vacation ever.

Though things have been stressful and everything, I am actually enjoying this trip. I've planned it for a while, really, and just getting out of town for a short while feels absolutely great. The only real bothersome thing is that I'm really, really lonely. Right now I'd give anything to have someone here with me. I is sad when I is alone. But, oh well. Not much I can do about that, really, other than to send warm thoughts to my loved ones and hope that they're doing alright.

I think I'm just going to collapse on the bed for a while and get some rest while waiting for the restaurant to open. Haven't slept well in over a month now, so I think my body is about to shut down on me both physically and mentally. It's a good thing I'm on vacation, eh?

1 kommentar:

  1. I've should had come along with you,sis ;)
    You are as lucky as I am,I see. *lol*
    poor baby <3
    Hope you doing fine :-*

    SvarSlett