mandag 9. september 2013

Ranty rant rant

I like to believe that deep down, I'm not all that materialistic. I mean, I love collecting things, but I'd be able to survive without it all if I had to. Money isn't everything, so I don't mind the fact that I have so very little of it.
But these days, I really do feel like money could solve all my problems.

Yeah, my financial situation has gone from bad to worse, and I'm starting to feel some frustration building up. Now, I get enough money to get by, by the way I'm managing my budget, and my bills get paid and I can afford food and all that, so I know I really don't have the right to complain. It's just that the work on the appartment is taking its toll. If I am to finish the kitchen, so I can finish the rest of the place, I need an actual electrician to do some electrical work, and I can't afford it. At all. I have absolutely no spare money to put into something like that.

And when I got home today and turned on the lights in the livingroom, I heard a silent snap and both of the lamps in the ceiling went out. Oh, great, I need to replace the light bulbs. No biggie. Mum was kind enough to get me some so I could get them changed. Aaand, nothing happens. Has a fuse blown? I check the cabinet, and nope. Everything else in the apartment works just fine, except those two lamps. Either they're both broken, or there's something electrical problems there. Yay.

That would be the famous last straw, eh? And now I'm frustrated.


Yes, yes, I know I could've used the money I had put away on my savings account to pay for the electrical work instead of buying myself a trip to Argentina. But, firstly, I had saved up that money with that trip in mind, because I'm actually invited to wedding of one of my closest friends, and that's kind of a once in a lifetime thing. Secondly, that money wouldn't have been enough anyway. The trip cost me about 8000,- NOK, and the electrical work I need done could get as high as 25,000,- NOK. So, yeah.

Still don't know exactly how much the electrical thing will cost, cause I'm having some electricians come and check it out later this week to give me an exact price. But, the first estimated price I was given by a relative was about 10,000,- NOK, though he didn't really know what I need done, and the guy we talked to today who's going to come take a look at it said it could easily get to about 20-30,000 NOK. He even got as high up as 50,000,- NOK to get everything done, scaring the god damn crap outta me. How the hell am I going to get that kind of money?!


It's been 8 months since I bought the place, and the only thing that's done is the living room, tho I haven't gotten the fireplace installed there yet. I want to finish the bedroom and the hallway, but I can't do that before I finish the kitchen, and by the looks of it that won't be happening any time soon. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to own an apartment and only half of it is liveable? I sleep on my couch. I only have the fridge up and working, and a microwave, so I can't make myself a proper meal. I can't have any guests over.

Yeah, yeah, I know things could be a lot worse, and there are a lot of people out there in worse situations, and who don't have a home at all, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating for me. I'm only human. I'm allowed to rant when things get too difficult.

I know it'll all pass.

I know it'll all get better.

I know I'll eventually find some solution.

I know that it'll all be worth it in the end.

But right now, sitting in a dark livingroom, knowing what my current situation is like, I feel frustrated as fuck and need to let out some steam. I fukken hate my financial situation. Hate it. It's depressing, it's frustrating, and I am so in need of some cheering up right now, so I'mma spend the rest of the day watching D.Gray-Man and drooling over Lavi, dreaming that I'll somehow fall through a portal and into their world and into Lavi's hands. So there.

Poop.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar